Are you passionate about languages and travel? Are you inspired by the idea of working in a dynamic team? If you are ready to get involved, a new professional challenge awaits you at ESL!
We are currently looking for an IT Network Engineer who will be responsible for the technical management and administration of the ESL and affiliate IT networks (LAN and WAN) in over 55 locations in Europe, Latin America and New Caledonia.
Your main goal will be to ensure that the network is secure, highly available and offers optimal performance. You will propose and implement cost-effective solutions to allow us to implement long-term IT strategies, and you will install, configure and maintain network hardware and software and provide level 2 and level 3 support for network and system-related issues.
- You ensure efficient and effective communications with the IT Operations and Support Manager and other members of the IT team.
- You ensure that the company’s network (LAN, WAN) functions efficiently and with minimal down-time.
- You ensures that the company’s VoiP system, business applications and services function efficiently on the ESL network.
- You create and update configurations for network hardware and software.
- You conceive, install and maintain performance and bandwidth monitoring solutions.
- You participate, with the IT Operations and Support Manager, in the elaboration of active and passive security solutions for the entire ESL and affiliate’s network.
- You participate, with the IT Operations and Support Manager, in the elaboration of a disaster recovery plan.
- You participate in company-wide projects, including migration of ESL and affiliate services to the cloud, with particular accent on network bandwidth, latency and availability to provide adequate performance.
Your professional skills and education:
- You possess a Bachelor’s or high technical school diploma in Information Science with specialization in network technologies.
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience administering a complex network environment.
- You have a Certified Sonic Wall or Cisco administrator or equivalent through professional experience.
Your personal skills:
- You have a detailed knowledge of network protocols, hardware, software and firmware.
- You master UNIX / Linux operating systems and command-line interfaces.
- You possess in-depth knowledge of VoIP.
- Knowledge of Mac OSX is an advantage.
- You are a French or English mother tongue or equivalent and with a good working knowledge of the other: any other languages (Spanish, German or other) are considered a plus.
What we offer you:
- You are a highly motivated self-starter, passionate about network technology and administration.
- You are flexible with respect to working hours.
Place of work:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment, in the exciting field of language travel
- A young and dynamic work atmosphere.
- An environment where corporate ethics and sustainable development matter.
Barcelona (the candidate would have to be prepared to come and work in Montreux for 12 to 24 months, then re-locate to Barcelona.)
As soon as possible
Type of contract:
If you fit the profile and are tempted by the experience, please send us your application file in English (résumé) along with a cover letter to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications accepted for an interview will receive a reply.